LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Write conflict with Open/Close?

Dear coders,

I'm currently in front of a Visa communication problem that I cannot solve alone.

I'm sending commands through a USB port to an external device.

I have to problems:

1- The minimum speed between two string to send is around 90ms. Bellow this limit, the Visa Write vi displays an error.

2- If I want to call the Open/Close vis outside of the loop as it should be done, the Visa Write vi displays an error.

Could you help me please?

I give you two examples:

1- Example1 where everything is working except the fact that I cannot reduce the time between two string sent

2- Example2 where the Open/Close vis placed outside of the loop are not working

THANKS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,019 Views)

Hi CIML,

maybe you should provide information about the errors you get in your two options…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,999 Views)

Hi,

Someone contact me by message in the meantime.

One error in my code was the \r\n at the end of all strings. If I just put only \r, the system is now responding much faster.

Now, the error only comes from the delay between two strings. If this delay is smaller than 40ms, the Visa write vi crashes with this error

The error returned is "-1073807360" "VISA Write dans AOTF_Example2.vi" 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,988 Views)

@MAILFERTSeb wrote:

Now, the error only comes from the delay between two strings. If this delay is smaller than 40ms, the Visa write vi crashes with this error

The error returned is "-1073807360" "VISA Write dans AOTF_Example2.vi" 😞

Unknown System Error.  You might just be limited by the hardware (USB hub and/or your instrument).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,968 Views)