LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Read Error -1073807339

Hi I have 2 VIs to measure frequency and time interval (2 channels) for the Agilent 53230A (which is connected by a GPIB port). I'm using Labview 7.1.

Both keep giving me this error:

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in new 1.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

I've followed steps 4&5 of this support document:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/874B379E24C0A0D686256FCF007A6EA0 but it still gives me the same error. Are 2&3 still applicable with a GPIB connection?

I'm thinking there might be an error in my SCPI commands for the VISA writes, but I've double checked everything and I really don't know what's wrong.

I'd appreciate any and all help! I've attached my VIs below. Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,931 Views)
If there's any required information missing, please let me know!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,879 Views)
When you manually setup the instrument, are you able to get a reading?

If you are using the instrument driver? If so, then none of the suggestions in the NI paper are applicable, in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,874 Views)
Yes I can get readings manually but not with the VI. I'm not using the instrument drivers because the lab uses an unsupported version of Labview and I'm not sure which drivers to sent for conversion. For example I need to control variables like holdoff time and threshold level, but there doesn't seem to be any driver to control that? Am I writing something wrong with my SCPI commands? Thanks for the response!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,861 Views)
Send the earliest version there is or the latest. Other than the LabVIEW version, the block diagrams of the project style drivers are probably identical.

Each and every instrument setting can be read with a query. If it's working manually, then you can read the current settings and change the results to setup the instrument. That's assuming you don't post to the conversion board and can't wait. You could also download an evaluation copy of the LabVIEW 2013, try the driver and look at the block diagrams of the functions in it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,856 Views)

Stuff looks really complicated.  Millions of places to go wrong.  I'd start with a basic *IDN? query to see if you can even get that far...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,840 Views)