LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Alias

Hello Board,

Does anyone of you know if it is possble to change programatically the VISA aliases in LV7.1?

Thanx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,780 Views)
Ek Balam,

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible.  Out of curiosity, why would you want to?

Thanks,
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,759 Views)
I am developing my applications on my PC (LabView & TestStand), where I have changed the visa aliases manually, and I want to deploy them to several Test Stations. When running them in a test station I have to reassign the alias to a given GPIBaddress which some times changes depending on the test station.

What I wanted to do in my TestStand sequence Locals is to build a simple table specifying InstrumentName - GPIBAddress of the instruments so that I can create customizable Sequences for every test station (knowing the instruments and GPIB addresses) without having to go to NIMAX and change them locally, but I guess that's the only way to do it.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,748 Views)

The alias names are stored in the visaconf.ini  (on my PC located at C:\VXIPNP\WinNT\NIvisa) just have a look inside. 

Section [ALIASES]

It should be possible to use the vis to handle ini-files for your changes. You might need a reboot.

I'm not shure if that is a recommended way of changing the alias, however we did that for the same propose, but the changes were done by our netinstaller without NI software running and it worked fine.  

And don't forget to correct the key: NumAliases

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 03-28-2006 12:57 PM

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 5
(2,744 Views)
It works great. No PC reboot required, no LabView reinitialization required !!!

Thanx

Message Edited by Iñaki on 03-28-2006 10:09 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,727 Views)