cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualBench Measuring Frequency with LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Guys,

I have recently acquired a VirtualBench for testing via LabView. The testing setup I want to do is very basic. Use a DC Power supply to power a crystal like device and the oscilloscope to measure the frequency of the device.

Using the NI Virtual Bench application software I had the setup working perfectly in less then 5 minutes.

However, when I move the setup into Labview I can't find the correct VI so that I can output the measured frequency as an indicator to the front panel.

I have installed the drivers for the Virtual Bench and can set the DC Output and get back a graph of the frequency, but like I said, I can't find a single VI included in the package that will give me the frequency as a measurement like the NI Virtual Bench application software. 

Am I missing this VI right in front of me, or has the VI for measuring frequency not been created yet?

I have attached two pictures. One is of the Virtual Bench application software doing exactly what I want. The second picture is of the closest VI that I thought would take care of my needs (Read of the MSO aka Scope), but as you can see the only output is an Analog Output, no measurement of the frequency included. 

Thanks for any help!

Best,
Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acromer

There is a Tone Measurements Express VI.  Or you could Extract Single Tone.

There are also numerous FFT or spectrum analysis VI's.

Message 2 of 4
(3,144 Views)
The VIs for measuring frequency are part of the full development version.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,142 Views)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help and quick reply! The Tone Measurement was exactly what I was looking for. 

Now I'm just working on getting the correct Timing with the scope, you may see me posting again if I run into a problem here.

Once again thank you!

Best,
AC  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,105 Views)