From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual seral port (COM port) without NI-VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

Although it is out of my degree of expertise, I tend to agree with these conclusions.

Indeed, if I look with the windows "event manager" to the precise date/hour/minute of the installation, there is a report of a problem. A guess is that the plug and play program agrees to install COM3, but crashes at some point later, possibly because of insufficient permissions or signatures. With windows DLL I cannot either change the baud rate and so on.

I can get the identity of the chip with windows "device manager" / properties / event, and then I get the parameter USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX.

Then with the database

https://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid/

I have the precise manufacturer brand and chip ID. It does not look like a bad chip. I don’t know the kind of layer that the instrument manufacturer builds on the manufacturer... it’s not my job to dive into that.

I am not sure that the plug and play instrument does even try to install a .inf file.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(394 Views)

Hello fb35,

I have a request. Can you convert the VIs in WinapiSerial.zip to LabVIEW 2018? Thanks in advance.

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(336 Views)