LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual COM port Communication and Instrument Control

I have already purchased that device. and I have no other way at this point. I don't have that much of experience of handling USB, but I have to do it at any cost. LabVIEW is one of the most powerful tool I have used. It's easy to use also. hope to get this kind of support from NI forum. As you posted yesterday, I have started reading also. And I belive that I will do it.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(568 Views)

Another thing also came in my mind is that, Can I use "call library function" to call the DLL they have provided? Would it be possible?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(567 Views)

The power of LabVIEW is irrelevant and the amount of help you get is dependent on someone having used that specific device. No programming language is able to peak into the minds of the instrument developers. You just can't make up your own communication protocol.

This is the first time you have mentioned a dll. If the vendor has provided a documented api, thrn that is what you should be using. There are c-type, ActiveX, and .NET types so you need to determine that and use the appropriate LabVIEW function. You should have attached the manual if you wanted detailed help.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(557 Views)

OK, please find the attachment. they have provided these files.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(536 Views)

Hi meBaga,

as said several times before: to be able to communicate with the device using your own software you need the programming manual (or atleast some relevant information).

In the attached ZIP file nothing similar is included. It's just some software of the device manufacturer. So you're stuck with a DAQ device and some proprietary software. That's it...

Lesson learned: don't buy hardware when the manufacturer isn't able/willing to provide all the information you need about that hardware. Point.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(527 Views)

There are a series of nuggets on USB communication written by Intaris. Read through them and you will get an idea of how difficult your task is. The difficulty is entirely caused by the vendor. You haven't even provided the name of the vendor and the model number. What kind of help do you really expect when everyone here is left guessing and the vendor is not willing to help you, either?

Message 26 of 26
(506 Views)