From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View size of files that make up an LLB?

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know if there is a way to view 'by size' in the LLB manager? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,907 Views)
I don't know of any method. Why are you using an llb? It's been obsolete for several years.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,881 Views)

You could always hack up the LLB Manager to do what you want. It's written in LabVIEW and resides in <LabVIEW>/projects/llbedit.llb.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,862 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
I don't know of any method. Why are you using an llb? It's been obsolete for several years.

Really?  It was my understanding that the .rtexe, the format that is the default "executable" format for Remote Targets such as a PXI chassis, is a compressed version of an LLB.  I also understood that the only other way to deploy something to a remote PXI was as a "source distribution", which I also understood was an LLB.

How does one configure "stand-alone" code (meaning code not deployed "by hand" from Project) to run on a remote RT system other than as a single .rtexe ("skinny LLB") or as a Source Distribution (LLB)?

I'm not trying to be cute, here -- I'm just "migrating myself" and my code from LabVIEW 7 to LabVIIEW 2012, and this is the one detail that I've not completely understood.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,857 Views)

I'm not sure about rtexe, but normal exes are since about LabVIEW 2009 really disguised ZIP files inside an executable wrapper, unless you select the "Use LabVIEW 8.x layout" in the Build options. So I wouldn't be to surprised if they use that in LabVIEW RT executables as well.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,846 Views)
I don't use the RT version and I'm not familiar with the deployment options but for using an llb in development, yes it is obsolete. It has always been somewhat fragile on that a single corrupt VI will make the whole thing unreadable. It is not compatible with source code control. With the introduction of the project in LabVIEW 8, simply no reason to use it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,845 Views)

Dennis, can you please expand on this point? What is the modern way to keep everything together?  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,825 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LeroyBogz
In a project or lvlib.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,820 Views)

wait a sec though, the lvlib seems to offer scope protection but takes away from having "one file" that has all of your subvis in it. What's the best way to have that? I want to send my code to bob all in one file what's the best way to do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,810 Views)

The packed LabVIEW Library. Basically it's a ZIP file of a lvlib but with the extensione lvlibp.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,799 Views)