From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View cluster control as icon

Hello,

I found an example online which has a custom cluster control in it (Refer attachment).

However, I’m unable to view the contents in this cluster (except while re-ordering) & would like to know to view the same. I would appreciate if someone can share how to view the cluster CONTROL (not constant) as icon as seen in the attached example?

This technique would help us to keep front panel descent and condensed.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Karia

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,303 Views)

Curious...

I dropped it onto a Front Panel and, from the Block Diagram, changed it to a constant and then back into a control.  I don't know how to change it back.

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,289 Views)

The funny part is the cluster [Values] has two other clusters in it [X(n) and Records (contained in the array). When I try to re-order controls in Values cluster I can't see the contents of the above mentioned clusters Smiley Surprised

Do you observe same behaviour ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,283 Views)

@AmitKaria2k wrote:

[...] When I try to re-order controls in Values cluster I can't see the contents of the above mentioned clusters [...]

The clusters are objects within the 'Values' cluster and the order of their objects is not related to the order of objects in 'Values'.  It wouldn't make sense to try to reorder 'standard deviation' between 'LMS type' and 'Filter length'.  You'd reorder those clusters separately.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,280 Views)

Let me re-phrase my question.. What I actually meant was - I could not view the conrtols in "X(n) & "LMS Info" cluster while re-arranging controls in "Values" cluster. See attached snapshot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,269 Views)

I briefly looked at this. It appears to me that whoever wrote it replaced the frame of the cluster with the same graphic that's used for control references. I have no idea why, and frankly, I think it's a terrible idea since it can be mistaken for a control reference (which is what I first thought it was by simply looking at it). Sometimes trying to be "cute" doesn't help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,249 Views)

@AmitKaria2k wrote:

[...] I could not view the conrtols in "X(n) & "LMS Info" cluster while re-arranging controls in "Values" cluster. See attached snapshot

I can:

ican.png

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,243 Views)

I've had similar issue when the bounding box is slightly too small. Try to largen it (if it's not a word before, i just created one) and see if that helps.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,238 Views)

humm.. Surprisingly after replacing the frame of the cluster with the same graphic that's used for control references I could not reproduce the same effect.

I know it looks weird to have control reference graphics over cluster, but I just wanted to explore this option. I could use my own graphics to make it look better. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,235 Views)

On my end I can see an extra graphics which is not seen in your screenshot.cluster.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,232 Views)