LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration fractional octave analysis

Please provide support!

How can you analyze acceleration data g's or m/s^2 from an accelerometer text data thorugh the fractional octave analysis on labview, I've tried a lot of stuff like scaling the units but the fractional octave analysis gives -INF result that is actually not true. Also I've tried moving the range of the frequencies and nothing happen, please let me know if some of you have some idea on how to analyze .TXT acceleration data through the fractional octave analysis

I'm Attaching the TXT file that I'm trying to analyze

Please Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,203 Views)

Hi SergeArmz!!

Thanks for using NI Discussion Forums!!  In order to be able to assist you in the best possible way, could you attach the code you are using to perform the analysis. I will try to reproduce your issue and try to find the cause of the problem!!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Regards!!

Anuar R.
National Instruments México y Latinoamérica
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,152 Views)

Hello Anuar

Thought nobody will help on this matter, thanks a lot for your reply, here is a little background, I acquired a signal from an accelerometer at a sampling rate of 10 Khz during 30 seconds, the attached text data posted before is an actual reading from the application, the problem tham I'm dealing with is that over the frequency range from 20 to 20,000 hz I have no values for my fractional octave analysis (attached VI), actually what I'm trying to do is to go from accleration to decibels, thats why I'm doing the fractional octave analysis. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I'll wait for your response

Thanks a lot

SergeArmz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,147 Views)

Hola SergeArmz!!

Gracias por adjuntar tu código!!  Estuve revisando lo que tienes hasta el momento, y quisiera preguntarte algunos detalles.  ¿Qué equipo es el que realiza la adquisición de datos??  ¿Cuál es el propósito de aplicar un Window a los datos del archivo??  En la función de ''SVL Scale Voltage to EU VI'' estableces como ''dB reference [EU]'' un valor de 2E-6, sin embargo, quisiera confirmar contigo que este valor es correcto de acuerdo a las unidades de ingeniería (EU) que utilizas.  En la ayuda de la función, se establece que para ''Pa'' se debe usar un valor de 20E-6.  En la misma función, el parámetro de ''Custom Label'' queda deshabilitado, debido a que se utilizan unidades de ingeniería conocidas (m/s2). 

Espero tu respuesta!!

Saludos!!

Anuar R.
National Instruments México y Latinoamérica
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,103 Views)

Hola Anuar!

El equipo que adquiere los datos es una grabadora multicanal marca sony a un muestreo de 10000 x segundo, normalmente la ventana la aplicamos para eliminar los picos indeseados de la señal y darle la forma de una ventana hanning, precisamente en tu comentario es donde tengo la GRAN duda, el valor que tomo de referencia es el de 20E-6, la señal que estamos adquiriendo es aceleracion proveniente de varios acelerometros y mi problema deviene cuando intento analizar los datos el muestreo no es el adecuado y me arroja valores no deseadas y en el caso del analisis de octavas no se realiza ninguna operacion

Aprecio de antemano tu amable soporte

Saludos cordiales

Espero tu respuesta!

SergeArmz

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,090 Views)