LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi runs slower on other pc

Hi, I created a vi which simply reads data from the CAN-bus an displays the data each 500ms. It works perfectly until I put the vi on another pc. The vi works nearly 10 times slower as on the original pc. Both computers have almost the same configuration (quadcore with more than 3GB), the same LabVIEW Version (8.5) and the same driver of the CAN-interface. Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,290 Views)

You say almost, what are the differences?

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,288 Views)

I just checked, it is the same configuration. What I also tried: I created a new vi on the pc where the original vi runs slower with the same result. When I put in on the other pc, it runs faster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,281 Views)

Are you sure you don't have any other programs/processes running in the background on the slower pc?

-CC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,268 Views)

No, there is only another CAN-trace software running, but this software also runs on the other pc. But even when I close the programm, it is still too slow

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,264 Views)

I would suggest maintenance on the slow pc, defrag and cleanup. can make a difference

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,261 Views)

I will try that and give feedback. However all other programms running on the system just work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,256 Views)