LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi locks up after running for days

I have some old code written in LV 7 that I ported over to 2011.  After fixing the legacy issues with DAQ and a save routine I ran it and it worked fine.  Three days ago it was started in order to record TC data and this morning is froze/crashed.  The other code which I did the same to runs for months with no incident.  I checked for files becoming large with nothing out of the ordenary.  Before re-launching LV and the vi I started WinDbg to record a dump file.  Anyone have any ideas or ran into a simular problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,239 Views)

Hello teslac,

Did you also update your OS or PC when migrating to LabVIEW 2011? Nothing specific stands out based on your comments, but those changes would also be worth evaluating.  WinDbg is certainly a good idea. Additionally:

-Are you using LabVIEW 2011 or 2011 SP1? 32- or 64-bit?

-What OS is this?  What bitness?

-Is this running in the LabVIEW development environment or is it compiled into an executable running on the machine?

-Did the application crash and close, or just become unresponsive?

-If the application did crash, a log file should have been generated by the IDE or runtime engine.  If you have that available, I'd recommend posting that here as it may give some insight to the issue.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,232 Views)

These are good questions and I will try ro answer them all.  The code was migrated to a new PC with Windows 7 Ultiamte which I installed 2011-SP1 running in 32 bit.  The OS I am unsertain of regarding bit size but I know the CPU is a 64 bit processor.  This code is running as a vi only in the development evironment not as an exe yet (that is the next step).  I had a simular issue with an exe and I was able to fix it by turnning the SSE2 optimization off durring the build of the exe however, this is not an exe so I am currently at a loss.  When the vi crashed it was unresposive and when you would click on the FP the mouse showed busy and the code would not respond.  I hope this gives you the info you need and some additonal idea as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,225 Views)

Since you mention SSE2, what is the exact model of your CPU?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,215 Views)

RE: I believe it is an i7 at least.  I will have to confirm but this should be very close.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,213 Views)