From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi doesn't work if launched through "recent" list

I have a vi that uses the call library funtion.  The vi runs correctly if Labview is closed and I open the vi directly from the directory.

If I then close Labview, and open the vi through the start menu-->Labview-->recent, an error appears in the call library function node.  The error also occurs if I close Labview and try to open the vi from the recent window in the splash-page.

The "recent" option only works if the vi was loaded to memory correctly (from the directory) and Labview has not been closed.

I am also running this vi in Teststand.  I need to load the vi first from the directory, opening Labview, then open testand and run the test sequence for it to work.

If I just open teststand and try to run the sequence, I get the same call library function node error.

Is this a bug or is there a setting I need to change?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,036 Views)
Off hand this sounds buggy. What is the error you get? Anything about not being able to find something?

It shouldn't, but perhaps these other ways of running the VI are changing the context in which it is running.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,017 Views)

I too never heared of something like this.

Does this affect any VI or only this specific one?

If it affects only the specific one, i guess there is something wrong with the DLL or as Mike guesses, the application instance. Do you normally open the VI inside of a project or lvlib?

Does the DLL include a "Process Attach" code which fails in such case?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,982 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your responses.  I dont open the vi through a project or library.  It is a standalone vi that I open directly from a directory.  The dll that I am calling is in the same folder as the colling vi.

I have attached jpg's of the errors i get when launching the calling vi from the recent menu and from teststand.

I have not noticed this problem when calling other dll's.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Salty

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,934 Views)

@salty wrote:

Hello,

[...]

I have not noticed this problem when calling other dll's.

[...]

Salty,

the error is pretty clear: External code corrupted LV memory. That being said, it looks like the DLL executes during load (which indicates an "Process Attach" component) which tries to allocate memory in the LV memory range in a way  which is not eligable.

Do you have the source code of the DLL?

What is that sentence above "when calling other dll's"? Does it affect all kinds of DLLs (e.g. User32.dll from Windows SDK) or only one/multiple custom written DLL/s you use in your project?

From the sounds, it really connects to a specific type of DLL.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,898 Views)