From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very long startup time of Datasocket Server

I start the Data Socket Server (DSS) programmatically by running the DataSocket Open.vi. For every connection I have to run that VI. I have quite a fast computer, but to establish the server for 3 connections it takes me about 10 seconds! (I use DS just on one machine without a connected network.)
I also tried to just launch the DSS by using the DataSocket Server Control.vi. In that case it takes me the same amount of time when I first write or read to the DSS. So for the 1st W/R function I have to set the timeout to infinity, not to get an error.
Is this timing normal or am I using the VIs the wrong way?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,185 Views)
The DS server does take several seconds to load. You should probably have a loop running to check if there is a DS error (or idle state) on one of the connected controls, and if there is, it should close the sever (using the control VI), reopen it, and wait for about 15-20 secs before continuing. That way you can probably ignore DS errors on your controls.

(2,174 Views)