From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi

I have tried to transfer a Labview virtual instrument I developed in version 5 to version 6 and have isolated the problem down to the Save to Text subvi from Labview. Are there any reported problems with this vi?

Specifically I am collecting the data from 9 AI Read subvis from 9 different devices and using the build array function to build these arrays into one array (it forces me to use Concatenate). Then I use the transpose function to transpose the array and then send it to the Save to Text subvi. All the steps appear to work fine until it gets to the Save to Text subvi. The
following error message appears...

Error 6 occurred @ writefile+(string)+writefile
Possible reasons
Labview: Generic Fil
e I/O Error
or
NI 488 I/O operation failed

I am able to graph the data from the AI read function and in version 5 of Labview the virtual instrument works flawlessly. Do you have any tips?

Please advise,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,133 Views)
I would check out KB 1LKEC6G4. It deals with one of the reasons you can get an error 6 when doing File I/O operations. It also involves some behavior that was changed in 5.1 so that would explain why the problem arose after the upgrade to 6. If the KB doesn't help resolve your problem, I would recommend posting a piece of code that replicates the problem or creating an email service request so we can discuss things further. Here is the URL to the KB:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/862567530005f09c8625677800701946?OpenDocument

Matt Kisler
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,133 Views)
Hi Matt,

I just read your comment. Unfortunately the KB did not help, it sounds like that person was having trouble even getting a file to open.

I have done some further investigation and if I cycle power on the 6071 E boards in the chasis, I can get one successful run in. If I try a second time, then the error message comes up. So, perhaps the AI clear is not clearing the 6071 E boards correctly?

Please advise
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,133 Views)