LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand simulation won't run

Hi Folks,

I have three problems with my Veristand workstation that have me completely stopped. This is Veristand 2016.

We run our project on a PXI chassis. Lately, when deploying to the PXI, the PXI quits responding after a few minutes. I hooked up a monitor to the PXI chasis and it shows an error message to the effect that it has run out of threads. After this happens the PXI has to be reset to get anywhere with it. The thing is there is nothing new about these models, which both have worked previously and are working on other stations. (I am not 110% certain nothing has changed, but if it did it is a mystery as to what.)

So we can run the project in Windows with some tweeks to the DUT. Except this also fails. Enter the second fatal fault. Our project communicated via shared variables to an OPC server. This is now failing intermittently. Maybe minutes. Maybe hours.

This seems to be caused by the NI Variable Engine crashing. We can see this in the Windows Event Logs. This has also not been a problem in the past. Other machines are working fine. Some are not. We have checked the affected machines for updates, Windows Updates, none, and other installs, only Java. On one machine Java was updated at around the same time it started having problems. On another machine Java was updated after problems were observed to happen.

While researching tagsrv crashes I came across this forum thread. I tried disabling the Citadel server as it suggested. Enter the 3rd fatal crash. Now Veristand 2016 won't deploy to the Windows machine. I put the Citadel server back the way it was and reboot again. Still the VS project won't deploy. I get an error -307672 which apparently is a timeout error and the subject of this link. I extend the timeout as the link describes to 10 minutes. This doesn't help.

I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Veristand. No change.

I have tried deploying an empty project. Also a timeout.

Have I got a Gremlin or what?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(663 Views)