LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Velmex issues reading signals in labview

I have a simple program that I am using to control to Velmex BiSlides.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the program to wait until the motor has stopped moving. Any ideas on what commands I need to send to the motor or how to use VISA-R to read those signals.

I've attached my code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,178 Views)

Does Velmex provide any commands that could query the drive to see if it is in motion?

You should revise your VI so it is more of a state machine.  Include a state with an event structure that checks if the buttons have been pressed.  If they have, issue the command and go to a state where you periodically query the drive to see if it is in motion.

Your VI should have a wait function in there so you don't have a CPU burner loop when nothing is happening.  The terminals for your your Start and Stop buttons should have their labels visible with meaningful names.  Right now looking at your block diagram I can tell which button is which.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,154 Views)

I rearranged my code so that it is more of a state machine, but from looking at Velmex's literature am still unable to figure out how to query if the drive is in motion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,111 Views)

What is the full list of commands they have?

Can you query to see anything like current position or current velocity?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,107 Views)

I finally found how to query, I was just reading the wrong amount of bits, which caused my error. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,104 Views)