LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varex Detector PaxScan1308DX communication

Hello together

I got here a detector from Varex "PaxScan1308DX" and try to integrate and communicate with it over LabView 2019 64-bit.

I use the "Call Library Function" with the delivered dll "VirtCp64.dll" and use the function "vip_open_receptor_link" as described in the manual but receive "12 -> bad file path" as answer. I do not receive an error from the "Call Library Function". 

I am in contact with the Varex support team, but they do not have example code for LabView. I can communicate with the device over their executable Viva64, so cable and Ethernet card is configured well.

What I tried to find in the forums or on google, is just a small example how to open successfully a communication with the device, get for example a serial number, or version information and close the communication/port at the end. Just to have an idea where to start and to not reinvent the wheel.

Does anybody here have a code example for this or similar device? I use it with LV08, eBus GigE, if these information helps.

Thank you in advance.

BR

LN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,126 Views)

Hi LN,

Were you able to get your dll working in LabVIEW?

I was not able to find any related example using Varex tools execpt for this forum :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Import-DLL-wizard-creates-massive-cluster-of-variables-rather/td-p/...

in general to work with an external dll, I would advise you to use that tutorial in case you're not already familiar with it :

Call a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) from LabVIEW

Have a nice day,

Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,034 Views)

Hi Junior

Thx for your message. Yes and no - I was able to modify one small part for a test and it worked but I think the time and effort is too high.

So we decided to create an API in C++ which we can call from LabView or from whatever we want.

I found both links as well but it wasn't really helpful. And on the first one, I saw that this way would be a "bricolage" -> is my opinion.

With the API in C++ we have as well the support from Varex which can help us.

Have a nice day,

LN86

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,021 Views)

FYI, I have been able to import that dll, clean a few things up, and get it working for a customer. I can't give away the customer's code, but could repeat the same exercise for another customer or give a few pointers.

David A. Moore, Ph.D.
President
Moore Good Ideas, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(952 Views)