LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing custom button images?

Hi Mitsurugi,

Wow that seems rather peculiar!

What I would recommend is to repair the installation of your LabVIEW program. Go to "add/remove programs" (or equivalent), select the National Instruments folder, then LabVIEW & click repair. Let me know if this has any effect on the blank buttons.

Regarding your questions, with the images I just opened them in paint then saved as .png type. Import from file or import from clipboard shouldn't make much difference, but I personally just used the clipboard. I think the advantage is just personal preference with which method you'd prefer to use.

Which control palette did you select your Boolean control from? I used the "modern" palette if you want to try that?

Would definitely recommend the LabVIEW repair firstly though.

Fingers crossed!!

Tori
Student
Message 21 of 27
(635 Views)

@Mitsurugi wrote:

Hullo Tori.

The answer to your question is Yes AND No.

All you state was the "No" part.  What do you mean by "Yes?"  Did it work or didn't?  Somewhat?  Just curious.  Have you tried a different image?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(629 Views)

Hiya MoReese, when I said "Yes and No", I meant that whilst what Tori sent over worked great (didn't disappear), the problem still persisted when I tried to use those buttons in MY own project.

Tori - just upgraded my installation of Labview, in the hopes that it WAS a dodgy installation, though, my colleague is taking a look at the problem now and he's experiencing the same issues.

I'll try re-saving the images, and if that doesn't work then there's always the unistall/re-install option...

Mitsurugi

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(622 Views)

I don't think "repairing" LV will fix it.  Remember, initially, I experienced the same problem as you (I'm using LV2010).  Perhaps it's your VI that is corrupted.  Repairing LV won't cure that problem.  Try recreating the VI if you haven't done so already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(614 Views)
Well, re-saving the images didn't work :( I wouldn't think it was the VI being corrupted or anything like that, because the buttons have been tested in other VIs only to have the same problem replicated. Maybe if I redid the buttins from scratch...? Will keep you posted. Mitsurugi
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(596 Views)
Well, buttons seem to be fine now. I have NO idea what I did, but it's been a few days now and I've had no issue with them at all. Thanks everyone for your help with this. Mitsurugi.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(579 Views)

I'm glad to hear it's working.  Those are the most frustrating problems, the one's that just go away.  Oh well, if your unlucky, you may get a second chance at it in the future.Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 27
(569 Views)