From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of Application Directory?

Hello All,

Capture.PNG

What should i type in the empty path constant so that it serve exactly the same function application directory palette provide?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,928 Views)

Why would you want to make it a static value?  What happens when you move your project to a different directory or a different computer or compile it into an EXE?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,926 Views)

I dont want to make it static value (as i said i want it able to do exactly what application directory able to do)

i expecting there is certain string (eg /s,/n) that represent certain thing

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,922 Views)

Hi sound,

why do you want to use a path constant, when you don't want to use a static path???

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,914 Views)

/s is a space.  /n is a newline character.  

The Application Directory does what you need so why do you need to duplicate the functionality?  What are you trying to do with this?  The path constant can only accept a path static path.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,909 Views)

Hello Gerd,

i would like to increase code flexibility

i want to consolidate all my non variable value into one sub vi 

I want to have a very good control over these values and can search and change them in one and only one vi, in short i try to make an "All in one", i dont want them to scatter around

but i have trouble defining application directory

for example

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,905 Views)

path constant accept something like "../" that move upward one directory

so i was hoping is there some special character for the application directory

refer to my last post why i am trying to do this

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,901 Views)

i realize there is another way to do this

but i would like cleaner approach, a much "universal" approach

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,898 Views)

Hi sound,

why don't you use the AppDir function in your"one for all" VI?

Make an enum item "get AppDir" and use a case structure to call AppDir for this item...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,895 Views)

The Application Directory VI is not a constant.  It is a VI with code that looks at where the VI is running (EXE, project, etc) and calculates the application directory.  You can't get much more universal than that.  

aputman
------------------
Message 10 of 19
(3,891 Views)