From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value changes after it goes through case structure tunnel

Given that this is reproducible(?) and you have provided the VI, this seems like a prime candidate for you to submit as a bug-report. I don't have the simulation loop nor have I ever used it, so I don't know how that would affect it, but a case running true when you wire a constant false to the terminal is a bug no matter where the case may happen to be located....

Moving the case to a sub-vi will require some re-factoring since you are using local variables.. I see one that you could avoid (in the case) by just wiring it out of the case structure and connecting to the indicator... 😉 

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(342 Views)

Alright cheers guys, I'll submit this as a bug and try creating a sub VI.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(338 Views)

Little update on this, I created a subVI and it works fine. the only problem is that in the subVI there is no simulation loop so I can't use operators from the CDS toolkit unfortunately. I can create a sim loop but it would have to run first before the execution the went back to the main VI, not really sure how to make it work. Anyway the way I;ve worked it around it for the time being is instead of using the gain operator in the CDS toolkit I've used a simple multiplication. This makes me wonder... what is the difference between a gain and a simple multiplication :\?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(306 Views)

Good question.... I think for the example you chose with gain, it may just be a visual difference....?

-I've never used that toolkit though so.. 

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
Message 24 of 24
(304 Views)