LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid version of ni-Daq for rt 5.1.2

Problem Description :
Installed the Labview RT update version 5.1.2 to upgrade the Labview RT
version 5.1. Now I get an error saying "Waiting for RT Engine to respond".
So, I unload the labview software and then only install the RT version 5.1
without the version 5.1.2 upgrade and I can then download to the RT
target...............Got any suggestions? Got any better upgrades?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,012 Views)
Valid versions of NI-DAQ for LabVIEW RT 5.1.2 are 6.7, 6.8, 6.8.1, and 6.9. See NI's KnowledgeBase Entry 1XUFIOV2. Part of it says:

"If you have LabVIEW RT 5.1, then you may use either NI-DAQ 6.5.2 or NI-DAQ 6.6. If you have LabVIEW RT 5.1.2, then you may use NI-DAQ 6.7, 6.8, 6.8.1, or 6.9 (NI-DAQ 6.9 is recommended). The upgrade from LabVIEW RT 5.1 to 5.1.2 is FREE (see the National Instruments Upgrade Advisor: ni.com/upgrade)."

When do you get the "Waiting for RT Engine to respond" error? Are you using an RT Series PXI Controller or an RT Series DAQ device (PCI-7030/6XXX)? If you are a PXI controller, make sure that the software versions on both the controller and the host are the same (using Remote System Explorer). If you are using a PCI-7030/6XXX, are you re
setting it after performing the software upgrade?

BTW, RT DAQ posts would probably have a better chance of getting answered if you post them to Developer Exchange: Measurement Devices: Real-Time DAQ.
Message 2 of 7
(4,012 Views)
Upgrade to NI-DAQ 6.9 first.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,014 Views)
Dear All, I am having the same problem" waiting for the real time engine to respond". I am using labview8, NI DAQmx 8 and a PXI-6259 M series DAQ card and PXI-1031 chassis.  Sometimes the program deploys immediately and sometimes it takes 15 minutes and even longer and I have to stop waiting and disconnect, what could be the problem, RT engine is connected through the ethernet to the host computer, could it be because of the network traffic? just a thoughtSmiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,858 Views)
mbhatti,
Can you reproduce this with a very simple project? Can you reproduce this with only your host computer and target on the network?
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,850 Views)
Dear Doug M,
Yes now it is getting worse, for simple projects also, as soon as I deploy for  1second or so it connects shows me the signal and then gives the same erro " waiting for RT to respond", I also chose the TCP/IP communication method and am sending a screenshot also. It might help,maybe.

Thank you.
Munir Afzal Bhatti.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,831 Views)
Munir,
The setting you are looking at in the screenshot is for VI Server.  Are you using VI Server?  Where is it that this error message is being displayed -- while deploying? Is there an error code? If so, can you post a screenshot?  What is it exactly you are doing in your VI?  Can you deploy a simple library with a few Shared Variables? Where are you hosting your libraries? 

You may also want to upgrade to LabVIEW 8.0.1 and LabVIEW RT 8.0.1
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,822 Views)