LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRML 2.0 models exported from SolidWorks do not appear in 3D Picture window

Hi!

I'd like to animate (to visualize my simulation) the VRML model of this telescope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFmQ-5ZiYiw (I made the SolidWorks model and the animation as well).

Earlier I had a working LabVIEW code (attached file piszkes.vi, piszkes_vrml.vi, piszkes.wrl). Using them I could move the two telescope axes correctly (parent-child relationship correctly). In the piszkes.wrl file I defined body names (like telescope, oratengely, etc.) so I could refer to them in LabVIEW using these names. For some reason this code does not work any more. I downloaded a plane.wrl example file from the internet, which opens correctly in my Cortona3D player in Chrome, but not in LabVIEW (it's a VRML V2.0 file). My own SolidWorks exported WRL files doesn't show up in the 3D Picture window at all.

I also created a code (2_cones_parent_child.vi) where I can move two cones realtive to each other, but I'd like to use my own 3D models.

Do you have any idea/solution?

Thank you very much,

Attila

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,506 Views)

I've just found the latest files. They were definitely working a year ago, when I touched them last time. Now in the 3D Picture window: nothing. Does anyone have any idea that what has changed in 12 months? working a year ago

Thanks!;)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,463 Views)

Finally I've found the source of this error: my windows had "," as decimal separator instead of ".".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,453 Views)