LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VNA Calibration Library (LV16)

Hi All,

I am new to labview and currently I am focusing on RF applications. May I ask, does anyone know about this VNA Calibration Library (see attached photo). Where could I get some materials related to this library?

Lastly, do you have a guide on how to perform a SOLT calibration in labview manually?

Thank you in advance for all of your replies.

Best Regards,

KK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,416 Views)

I would guess this comes with the NI-VNA driver, which provides support for using NI PXI Vector Network Analyzers.

Are you using the NI PXI VNA?  If not then the driver won't help.  But LabVIEW probably has a driver and code for your VNA, search - http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,383 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However there is no PXI VNA that relates in here. That is why I am confused now how come this API works but no VNA driver is involved.

Anyway do you have a guide for doing One port calibration? or SOLT calibration? Like how do they incorporate the error coefficients to the raw s-parameter value?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,372 Views)

Where did you find the picture?  My guess is those VIs are for the PXI VNA.

By default LabVIEW does not come with anything related to VNAs or Calibration.  NI do make a PXI VNA and provide a driver (NI PXI-VNA) for LabVIEW support.

So what VNA are you suing? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,362 Views)

Hi

I'm sorry I think this is a custom made library for VST5645 Calibration.

Do you have a guide or file how to do a one-port calibration?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,322 Views)

Are you trying to cal the NI VST 5645 or some orher instrument?

Are you teying to code the cal or just want to do it manually?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,310 Views)

Yes I am trying to cal the VST5645 using a power meter and SOLT

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,293 Views)

According to NI there's no need for external cal.  The module does a self cal, see - http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373680F-01/rfvst/mi_rf_self_calibrating/

But I haven't worked with a VST and can't comment further.  You're best bet is to call NI directly and talk to an engineer familiar with the VST.  If you have a local NI rep, then you can have them schedule the call.

Best of luck, and perhaps share what you learn here.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,276 Views)