LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs do not stay in virtual folders...

@cbutcher

I don't think that the path length is the issue because I tested it on C:\Temp\MyTestProject\StupidVirtualFolders.lvproj

@Yamaeda

VIs are not write protected.I do not have "treat read only VI's as locked" set. The issue occurs regardless of Separate Compiled Code setting.

Message 21 of 25
(902 Views)

I decided a long time ago that I didn't really care about when, why, and how.  I just accepted that sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, but using the [x] button and saving changes always worked.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(892 Views)

@billko wrote:

I decided a long time ago that I didn't really care about when, why, and how.  I just accepted that sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, but using the [x] button and saving changes always worked.

I would follow your path except... In my case [x] button does not solve the problem!

Well, it does, partially... It works only if I put a VI into a virtual folder.

If I want to put a VI out of virtual folder the [x] button won't make it stay there.

First picture is when I move VI into virtual folder.

Second picture is when I move out of virtual folder (but still within lvlib).

MovingInToVirtualFolder.PNGMovingOutOfVirtualFolder.PNG

Message 23 of 25
(877 Views)

Same thing happened to me, four accessors in a lvclass didn't want to stay in the virtual folder at all if saving the project with ctrl+shift+s; when I moved them once again and did a right click -> save directly on the class, after reopenning the project everything was fine (thanks for the hint! A kudo for you).

Background info: LabVIEW 19.0f1 32 bit installed on a Win 10-pro x64 machine

Message 24 of 25
(854 Views)

Have you tried dragging the VI's onto the Library Icon first and then putting them into the Virtual Folder?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(770 Views)