LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs do not stay in virtual folders...

I can't figure out why my VIs do not stay in a vritual folders as I command them to!

I have a project with a library (lvlib).

The library contains couple of VIs. I created some virtual folder structure in this library and I want to place those VIs in that structure.

All goes fine till I close and reopen the project.

All VIs are back in their original spots, not in my perfect virtual folder structure...

It's late, I'm tired after work so my brain has some lag. Help me out here...

Attached is a simple example of my issue. Try to move VIs in the lvlib to the virtual folder...

The only way I found is to remove the VI from library and add it in specific folder. But that does not answer my question!

I'm using LabVIEW 2018 SP1 f4 if that makes a difference...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(2,422 Views)

Works OK for me.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(2,406 Views)

@pitol wrote:

All goes fine till I close and reopen the project.

I assume you meant to say: "All goes fine till I save, close and reopen the project..."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(2,403 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Works OK for me.

What do you mean? That it works as it's supposed to or it works as I would like on your side?

@altenbach,

Right, forgot to mention about saving it 😉 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(2,403 Views)

Works fine for me as well.  I can move both of the VIs into the virtual folder, and when I save, close, then re-open, it stays in the structure.

Are you sure you are opening the same project that you are saving?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(2,391 Views)

@billko wrote:

Works fine for me as well.  I can move both of the VIs into the virtual folder, and when I save, close, then re-open, it stays in the structure.

Are you sure you are opening the same project that you are saving?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. I've made many attempts before I started this thread to be 100% sure that I did not do something stupid.

So it seems to be an issue with my PC. I will try to find a different PC with different version of LabVIEW to see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: I found another one and it behaves the same. Unfortunately it is the same LabVIEW version (2018 SP1 f4). I will run an installer of LV19 to see if it helps. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(2,384 Views)

Well... I installed LV19 and still can't do it. Interesting.

I give up for today, need some sleep. Perhaps in the morning it will solve itself... 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(2,367 Views)

Any chance you're saving to something like a source code folder or a Google Drive backup folder?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(2,364 Views)

Is it some sort of auto-populating folder?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(2,353 Views)

@Bert:

Usually I work on git repo but I also tested it on desktop, temp...

@RavensFan

No, it is pure virtual folder (see the example in my first post)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(2,349 Views)