cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs Made From Express VIs, Place as Icon

Solved!
Go to solution

@FireFist-Redhawk wrote:

After a while of searching myself, I found the flag I needed to turn off:  VI.Expand When Dropped As SubVI. So not quite as buried as I thought it would be. Still, as far as I can tell it's another one of those VI properties that can only be changed by dropping a property node, running with a value written to it, and then deleting it. Don't you love those lol 😆

Maybe that one is the flags2, bit 25 ("vi2DefaultGrownView: VI should be grown by default when dropped")?

I did search for express, grow, and a few other terms, and browsed through all properties. I missed "Expand When Dropped As SubVI", so I'm not going to say there isn't a property for vi2DefaultGrownView.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FireFist-Redhawk

@paul_cardinale wrote:

You could edit the associated configuration VI so it sets the SubVi to “View as Icon”.

More specifically:

Edit: C:\ ... \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2xxx\vi.lib\express\express input\PromptUserConfig.llb\Configure Prompt User for Input.vi

At the end, add a property node to set "View As Icon":

vai.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 12 of 15
(492 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

You could edit the associated configuration VI so it sets the SubVi to “View as Icon”.

More specifically:

Edit: C:\ ... \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2xxx\vi.lib\express\express input\PromptUserConfig.llb\Configure Prompt User for Input.vi

vai.png

First comment slipped by me. That is really cool, I didn't know you could modify how the Express VIs get put together. Kudos 😁

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(487 Views)

@FireFist-Redhawk wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

More specifically:

vai.png

First comment slipped by me. That is really cool, I didn't know you could modify how the Express VIs get put together. Kudos 😁

This doesn't change how your express VI is placed.

This changes how your LV places all express VIs.

I think?

Glad I don't have anything to do with express VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(477 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

This doesn't change how your express VI is placed.

This changes how your LV places all express VIs.

I think?

Glad I don't have anything to do with express VIs.

That's mostly correct. I figured out how to change my custom VIs in an earlier post. This one change doesn't change how my LV places all express VIs, just Prompt User for Input. I do use it sparingly for small stuff. And the first thing I do after I set it up is change it to an icon. Now I don't have to worry about that. And if I ever make any other custom VIs with that as the starting point, it will (probably) place as an icon like normal.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 15 of 15
(470 Views)