LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA read/write to serial port - Unable to impelement multiple write commands!

Solved!
Go to solution

I see,

I am only trying to read two sensor units and disply the difference of pressure measurements. I don't think the guy for whom I am working would buy any hardware, and he said he already worked on it before and only needed the sensor units and Labview. I am supposed to hand it back in by Friday or Saturday Smiley Sad

The sensor unit hooks up to a USB port but it comes with a virtual serial port driver, but again you're right, it used SPI/TWI protocols.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(775 Views)

Sorry I was wrong. If you have the demo kit. Then you can use serial port. Have you tested things with hyperterm like described in the "SCP1000_DEMO_KIT_User_Manual_8268000.02.pdf" manual. If you can make it work in hyperterm. Then it should work in Labview.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(768 Views)

Coq rouge wrote:

Sorry I was wrong. If you have the demo kit. Then you can use serial port. Have you tested things with hyperterm like described in the "SCP1000_DEMO_KIT_User_Manual_8268000.02.pdf" manual. If you can make it work in hyperterm. Then it should work in Labview.

I'm glad you were wrong, it means I can carry on 😄

Okay, it works fine with Hyperterminal,

I changed to \code display as you mentionned and the device responds to the first command "*' (start), but it seems not reading the other two commands specifying 0xFF (measurement set) and 0x0A or 0x09 (measurement mode). As I said, I write the three commands in a stacked sequ.

Now, Do I have to read the port after each write command within the stacked sequ.? before I would read it in a another loop with the measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(765 Views)