LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA error -1073807202 only on windows Vista, not XP?

Aloha!

we developed an instrument which connects to a PC either by Bluetooth or over a RS-232 emulation on a USB port. To distribute the software, I bundle the following (manually, i.e. i'm not using the application builder to build a single setup file):

- the .exe file built by the labview application builder
- labview runtime 8.01
- visa runtime 3.41

on XP, this combination works without any problems. we just tried windows vista (enterprise edition, 32 bit), and i got the error message

Error -1073807202 occurred at an unidentified location
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.

I see that this error message has already been discussed many times before here, but in general it's just that the users didn't realize that VISA is not included in the basic labview installation, and after installation of VISA the problem was solved. i also tried installing version 4.00 of VISA, just in case that 3.4.1 was somehow incompatible with windows vista. but the problem remains. is there some kind of incompatibility of windows vista and NI VISA?

best regards
  martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,303 Views)
NI has to update all of their drivers to work on Vista and I don't think any have been released yet. See http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5539.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,289 Views)