From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Resource can't find LAN device while IP changes

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Ethernet as communication interface to control my instrument while testing, and it functions well.

But recently i found that once the IP address of instrument changes, Labview VISA resource can't detect the instrument while i press "Refresh"

I have to manually key in the modified IP address so i can build connection with the instrument.

This happened before, and last time i re-install the Labview to solve this issue (which is time consuming)

Is there anyone know how to fix this problem without re-installing?

Labview version:2015

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,347 Views)

Start up NI-MAX and let it find the instrument?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,311 Views)

Yes,I can manually add device in NI-Max.

But it doesn't work when I deploy my test program on another computer where no NI-MAX is installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ericlee0825

@Ericlee0825 wrote:

Yes,I can manually add device in NI-Max.

But it doesn't work when I deploy my test program on another computer where no NI-MAX is installed.

Well then install NI-MAX 

You can't have it both ways either you hard code your instrument IP address (or Com port, or GPIB Address, or etc.) and you make it clear in the documentation that the instrument must be at a certain location

Or you use NI-MAX and create a VISA Alias for your instrument, and use the VISA Alias in your program instead of hard coding the IP address or location. Now your instrument can move to ANY IP address or ANY other interface (Even a Virtual Com port) because as long a NI-MAX can find your instrument, your program will find it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 5
(1,287 Views)

Thanks for your advice

I manually checked NI-MAX and NI-VISA configuration support when I build my installer, now it functions well

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,231 Views)