LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error

Hello

I have set VISA  I/O Buffer Size as somebody mentioned before, but the problem still exists, how can I resolve it ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,994 Views)

Give us a link to the message where "somebody said this before".

Are you using a serial port connected to a USB hub?  Have you made sure the power settings on the PC are set to not power down the USB port?

Is this error happening right away, or does it take a while?

Please provide more information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,957 Views)
Thanks for your reply! The link is: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/VISA-Hex-0xBFFF003E-Could-not-perform-operati... Yes, we use a serial port connected to a USB hub; The error happens immediately after VISA Read fuction, so I set Clear Errors.vi after VISA Read fuction,the datas are correct. But the error still exists, I want to resolve it without using Clear Errors.vi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,907 Views)
What is the chipset? If it's prolific, switch to one from ftdi and try. If it's already ftdi, make sure you have the latest driver from them and the latest NI-VISA driver.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,899 Views)
I don't understand chipset you said, and the driver is the latest.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,876 Views)
The driver would be associated with the chip inside the converter. What is the name of the driver?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,873 Views)
You mean that the error may be caused by the hardware?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,801 Views)
It could be caused by the firmware for the hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,788 Views)
Thank you very much! I will check the hardware. If the error is cleared by setting Clear Errors.vi after VISA Read fuction, will it cause other problem?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,772 Views)
I would not trust all results when you simply ignore the error.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,748 Views)