From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error. how to ignore?

how can i ignore VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,671 Views)

A good idea is to try and search the forums and/or Google for an answer to a question before posting it on the forums.

There are loads of threads about error ignoring on the LabVIEW forums and here's a useful NI article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF72229C53F7633386256EDD0069331B

Good luck

-CC

p.s. please remember to mark this post as a solution if this answered your question - it'll help others asking the same question 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,665 Views)

Here's a crazy idea: maybe you should try to figure out what's causing the error, and fix that instead?

If you can provide more details on what you are doing perhaps we can help on that front, should you wish to pursue it, instead of just sweeping the dirt under the rug.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Of course Smercurio's idea is a much better way of dealing with this error (and all others)!

I had assumed you'd already investigated the error.........maybe a big assumption!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,649 Views)