LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system. Why this error cames while using VISA function?

In MAX when I write the query then it return the expected value but it shows the time expired error. and In VI when I used the VISA Serial then it shows the insufficient location information error. Why this is occured?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,508 Views)

Hi GAYATRI,

@GAYATRI_D wrote:

In MAX when I write the query then it return the expected value but it shows the time expired error. and In VI when I used the VISA Serial then it shows the insufficient location information error. Why this is occured?

Because you are doing something wrong in your VI and now you need to debug your VI.

If you would attach your VI there would be a higher chance of getting more detailed comments/help…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,500 Views)

Here I attached the images of  error occured in MAX and VI. If you see the capture2.png image the max return the value but gives timeout expired error. why this is happened?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,446 Views)

Hi GAYATRI,

@GAYATRI_D wrote:

If you see the capture2.png image the max return the value but gives timeout expired error. why this is happened?

Because you are using "\r" as termchar, but VISA usually expects a "\n" (LF, hex 0A) as termchar: you request to read 1024 bytes, but only ~20 bytes are sent. So you get a Timeout as the requested number of bytes didn't receive in the timeout interval.

On the image of the VI: ALWAYS show the style indicator for string constants.

Are you really appending the CR char or did you append two chars "\" and "r"?

Why is there no error handling in the VI?

Why do you use BytesAtPort, which is wrong in 99.9% of all time?

Why do you wire default values at SerialPortConfig?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,428 Views)

Hello Sir,

If I used the "\n" as termchar , then it could not return the expected value. Thats why I am using the "\r" as the termchar. And instead of 1024 bytes I used 30 bytes. but also the same problem occured. 

On the image of VI:  It gives the timeout expired error because of that I am using the BytesAtPort in VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,417 Views)

If I am not using the Serial Port Configuration then also the same error occured.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,411 Views)