LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Error with Built application

I have developed a simple application on LabVIEW 6.0.2 and using application builder to make an exe. When trying to run the exe on a different machine, the dropdown arrow on the VISA-Resource control is disabled
and when the application is stopped, pressing the arrow causes the application to generate an invalid page fault at 0177:30164426 in the LVRT.dll

Using NI-Spy it can be seen that when the application starts, the call to viGetAttribute returns an error - VI_ERROR_NSUP_ATTR.

On the target machines we have NI-488.2 version 1.6 and NI-VISA 2.01, and on the development machine NI-488.2 version 1.6 and NI-VISA 2.5. Both machines are running Windows98.

I have tried installing the run-time version of NI-VISA 2.5, b
ut then the application crashes when it loads.

~Kevin"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,927 Views)
Kevin,

Have you tried running the application on the development computer?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,925 Views)
Yes, it runs perfectly on the development computer, and after I stripped-out all the VISA VIs and replaced them with GPIB VIs it works as a built application on the target machine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,925 Views)
I would try again to install the latest VISA on the target machine. You may need to uninstall the old VISA first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,925 Views)
With the latest VISA (2.5 runtime) . The application generates the invalid page fault at start-up.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,925 Views)
Did you try to uninstall the old VISA first?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,925 Views)
Yes, I did uninstall the old version first.

Is there a specific order in which 488, VISA and the LabView runtime shold be installed?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,925 Views)
I don't think so. You are using the LV 6.02 RTE right? There was problems with 6.0 and displaying VISA resource controls.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,925 Views)
Thank-you Brian, you have solved the problem. Installing LV 6.0.2 RTE has made the application work. I had assumed that installing the Application Builder into LV 6.0.2 development system would mean that the 6.0.2 RTE would get built into the installer, but this does not turn out to be true.

Thanks again,
Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,925 Views)
Good, I'm glad we solved it!

Happy wiring
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(2,714 Views)