From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 2021 (64-bit) - Linux Opensuse Leap 15.2

Solved!
Go to solution

VIPM 2017.0.f1 mar 04 2018 can open and close the Labview 2021 (64-bit), but the VIPM LabVIEW connection verification, always return the message VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 2021 (64-bit).

The operational system is Linux Opensuse Leap 15.2.

The LabVIEW 2020 is installed in the same machine and it works normally with JKI VIPM (Labview VI Server - port 3363).

The LabVIEW 2021 VI Server is configured to port 3364.

someone faced the same problem?

Is there some alternative to install Add-on for LabVIEW 2021 (64-bit) without using VIPM?

Best Regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,980 Views)

Just make sure your VIPM options are set right.

billko_0-1636056734919.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,958 Views)

VIPM_ISSUE_1.pngVIPM_ISSUE_2.pngVIPM_ISSUE_3.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ricardo_sf

The communication problem between JKI VIPM 2017 and LabVIEW 2021 in a Linux machine with Opensuse Leap 15.2 was not solved.

Probably. it will demand an updated version of JKI VIPM or a correction in LabVIEW 2021 to keep the same behavior of LabVIEW 2020 (which works with VIPM 2017 for Linux), regarding the communication with VIPM.

I received support in JKI VIPM forum to do a workaround in order to install the LabVIEW packages without using VIPM inside the Linux environment.
The solution is based on copying the appropriate folders and files of the required package (in my case, it  was Plasmionique Modbus Master) from a Windows installation to the appropriate folders of the Linux Machine.

See  the link for the VIPM discussion forum below:

VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 2021 (64-bit) - Linux Opensuse Leap 15.2 - VI Package Manager (VIP...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,897 Views)

@ricardo_sf wrote:

The communication problem between JKI VIPM 2017 and LabVIEW 2021 in a Linux machine with Opensuse Leap 15.2 was not solved.

Probably. it will demand an updated version of JKI VIPM or a correction in LabVIEW 2021 to keep the same behavior of LabVIEW 2020 (which works with VIPM 2017 for Linux), regarding the communication with VIPM.

I received support in JKI VIPM forum to do a workaround in order to install the LabVIEW packages without using VIPM inside the Linux environment.
The solution is based on copying the appropriate folders and files of the required package (in my case, it  was Plasmionique Modbus Master) from a Windows installation to the appropriate folders of the Linux Machine.

See  the link for the VIPM discussion forum below:

VIPM could not connect to LabVIEW 2021 (64-bit) - Linux Opensuse Leap 15.2 - VI Package Manager (VIP...

Very tragic.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,888 Views)

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same thing with API_for_PCAN_BASCI_FD.  Also, my JKI VIPM is 2021.  Is there something I am missing?  Do I have any other options?

PeschelE11_1-1655153749464.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,635 Views)