Hi,

it doesn't work. why ?

klpf_0-1582712427322.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,256 Views)

Hi,

It looks like it should run to me.

As to "it doesn't work" - what do you want it to do? What does it currently do? In what way does it "not work"?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,253 Views)
THINK Dataflow and initialize the shift register with a starting value. Otherwise it will start with zero for the first execution of your VI. And 0*2 = 0...

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,237 Views)

Of course it doesn't work. A picture can't be executed...

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,208 Views)

You're definitely going to have to provide more information. I suspect that it does exactly what you programmed it to do - put out an array of 5 zero's and a numeric zero. I'm sure this is not what you want, but until you tell us what you want us to do it is impossible to tell you how to make it work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,205 Views)

Hi klpf,

Please read the unofficial forum rules and guidelines to learn how to ask questions that get you the help you need.

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,172 Views)

@JensG69 wrote:
THINK Dataflow and initialize the shift register with a starting value. Otherwise it will start with zero for the first execution of your VI. And 0*2 = 0...

Regards, Jens

Actually, it will start with whatever was in the shift register last, making it even worse.  (On the first run, of course, it will be zero.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,157 Views)

The most annoying thing about being a software developer is that code does what you tell it to do, and not necessarily what you want it to do.  The more experience you have, the more likely it is for those two results to converge...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,154 Views)