LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI time measured through the profile performance

Hi all,
My app works not so fast as usual and I decided to measure time with the profile performance tool. But times in a report are much less then the real times. What is the matter?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,572 Views)
Hi,

In order to help you better to resolve this issue I would like to know what version of LabVIEW you are using. How much are the times off by and how are you determining the run time of your actual VI? You may want to get a timestamp at the start of your VI and another timestamp at the end (in LabVIEW code) to make this comparison.

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,554 Views)

Abhinav T,

Thanks for reply. I'm using LV 8.2. And as you purpose, I measure actual time by two timestamps at the beginning and the end of VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,538 Views)
Hi,

Did meauring the timestamps give a more accurate time?

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering

Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,527 Views)

Hi again,

Total time for my VI, measured by Profile Performance tool is approx. four times lower than the time, measured by timestamps (actual time, in other words).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,516 Views)
Can you post your VI? I would like to try this out.

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering

Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,510 Views)
Sorry for long silence. Here are my subVi's in attached files. They are parts of the big project and will not work by themselves. The subvi's work with one queue at the same time, but GetData.vi completes 100 while loops pretty faster than Dequeue&Graph.vi. It must be noticed that FastCorrection and Statistic connectors for Dequeue&Graph.vi were False during examination. When GetData.vi had stoped after 100 while loop cycles, Dequeue&Graph began to work faster, and I set this vi's to be executed in separated threads. But nothing have changed.
Screenshot is attached also. Waiting for you comments.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,451 Views)