LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI stores history of its previous runs?

I am using a VI to obtain results for several experiments. Is there any way I can build some kind of indicator on the VI so that upon opening the VI, the VI can "remember" the experiments that has already been carried out using that VI?

For example, I need to run experiments at these temperatures: 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 degC. I have already done 10 degC on the VI. The next time I open the VI, I would like the VI to indicate to me that 10 degC has been done, and I should go on to do 20 degC.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,362 Views)
You have number of ways:

1) Use vi server method "Make current values default".
There is only little problem because this method set all controls and indicators in vi to new default value. So each control refnum have also method "Return to default value". You use this method to every controls that you don't want to change default value and later call to "Make current values default". There some problem how to use this method, because you can use it only when your vi is not running (from another vi).
Look attached example how to solve this problem.

2) Save value to file. Every time you lunch your vi read this value from file.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,362 Views)
i am currently using labview v5.1. is it possible to save your VI files in such a way so that my version of labview can load them?

sorry for the trouble...and thanks a lot for your answer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,362 Views)
Please, check if you can load current version of vi's.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)