LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI lost after creating a copy of the project. How to recover original VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

@asukumari wrote:

Going to put in a purchase for a version control system.

No reason to purchase one.  There are free SCC software out there.  I highly recommend Tortoise SVN.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(264 Views)

I don't think I will be given permission to upload my project files to a publicly accessible repository on cloud services like GitHub (I guess Tortoise works the same way). Point is it is completely dependent of company's privacy/confidentiality factors.

NI System Configuration:
- NI PXIe-1071, 4-Slot 3U PXI Express Chassis , 1 GB/Slot throughput, Part Number: 781368-01
- NI PXIe-PCIe8381,x8 Gen2 MXI-Express for PXI Express Interface,3m, Part Number: 782522-01
- PXIe-5160 PXI Oscilloscope, 500 MHz, 10 bits, 2.5 GS/s, 2 Channels, 64 MB, Part Number: 782621-01
- Astronics PXIe-1209 2-Channel, 100 MHz PXI Pulse Generator, Part Number: 785033-01
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(262 Views)

No.  Tortoise will work on local servers.  You don't have to put it on any publicly accessible server.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(259 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

No.  Tortoise will work on local servers.  You don't have to put it on any publicly accessible server.

Although I wouldn't recommend it, you could even make a repository on your own computer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(252 Views)