From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI is set as reentrant but no clone # is produced.

Solved!
Go to solution

I was using LabVIEW 2016 and then upgraded to 2017 on Windows 7. Now, when I open up one of my reentrant sub-VIs while my program is running it behaves like a non-reentrant. Additionally, no clone # is produced when opening up any of this sub-VIs instances. I've gone back in the project and opened the VI and checked to make for certain it was set to non-reentrancy and have tried both shared and preallocated with no behavioral difference nor clone production.

I've tried the above with other reentrant VIs that previously worked as well, and they still executes as a non-reentrant as well even though they are not selected for non-reentrancy. Any help is appreciated and thank you.

Message 1 of 6
(2,759 Views)

That's a known bug in 2017 that is (I understand) going to be fixed in 2017SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,755 Views)

That seems very unusual. can you attach one of the VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dkultgen_1

The part with opening up the the sub-VI instances looks like it was fixed with a patch. Do you have the LV 2017 f2 patch installed?

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54009/en/

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
Message 4 of 6
(2,740 Views)

Ah, you're correct, I needed the patch. Sorry about that and thank you for the help and your time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,709 Views)

I thought I would chime in.

Please post a vi snippet that demonstrates the bug and the f2 fix.

I got some co-workers that might need that info in an internal memo.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,695 Views)