LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI in a Java applet (need for puplishing a animated VI on a Website)

Dear!
I asked about how I can made it possible to see an animated VI as an HTML in the InternetExplorer, and I have got the answer from waldemar.hersacher:
"Your third solution uses a Java applet. When the document will be opened we download a Java applet and run it. Over a properitary protokoll we are transfering the data and commands between the client (the browser) and the server (the LV app). You can optimize the protocol for the amount of data to transfer." Thanks for this!

In addition to this I have a new question:
How can I tranfer or convert my VI into a Java applet, that I can put it into my website?? Is ther any possibility with LabVIEW 7.1 FullDevelopment or do I need a Java-development-system??? Can you help me with this problem, it is very important for me to know!

Yours faitfully
bastimeister
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,702 Views)

(2,697 Views)
There have been several attempts made at this, like LabVNC or AppletVIEW, but I believe non of them has been updated recently, and I don't think they gurantee perfect results. Also, you may need to play around with their code for it to work as a stand alone Java applet which can be embedded into a browser window. Try looking at them and see if they help you.

(2,695 Views)
Dear,

we developed the Java applet with an external development system. I'm not sure if it was with MS Visual J or the Sun Java SDK. I didn't it myself and it was some years ago.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 4 of 5
(2,692 Views)
Not knowing whether or not this was answered in your previous post, the simplest way is to use remote front panels, which is built in. The remote computer only needs to have the LV Run-Time Engine installed. By default, LV comes with only one license for this, meaning that only one computer can connect to the VI at any given moment.

(2,688 Views)