LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI for current (mA) analog out (cdaq)

Probably, cf. page 13 of the Getting Started Guide of this module.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 11 of 21
(1,544 Views)

OK, I'll try it out and let you know. I thought I had tried that, but it could be I had the black and white leads from the valve reversed. The documentation seems to show that AO0 common and Power Supply Common are connected, so not sure why it wouldn't work the way I had it laid out, but we'll see!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,541 Views)

The wires of the valve must be connected to AO0 and COM0.

As a first step, you could connect a resistor instead of the valve.

9265.jpg

Message 13 of 21
(1,508 Views)

Thanks JB - that is how I set it up to begin with. Is there something about my VI that could be off then? Am I sending one sample when I should be sending N samples maybe?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,496 Views)

Hi Santo,

im sorry in message 6 I had written a typo by mistake, i meant the valve was wired to AO0 and AO0 ground 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,482 Views)

@GBEN  a écrit :

Thanks JB - that is how I set it up to begin with. Is there something about my VI that could be off then? Am I sending one sample when I should be sending N samples maybe?

Because I'm not using LV2020 I can't open your VI. But there is no need to write N samples.

I suggest to start with Measurement And Automation Explorer. Create a virtual global channel and set the output current. If this works, the error comes from your code. If not, you have to check the HW.

Have you tried another output of the module ?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,411 Views)

Hi JB,

the device works with a virtual global channel through max, so it must be an issue with the VI.

I will try to save the vi in 2016 shortly and post it here .

thanks for the help so far.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,397 Views)

VI saved in 2016 attached

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,395 Views)

I think I found the bug, you're asking DAQmx to use a Custom Scale but didn't provide a custom scale.

You jus have to change it to Amps as that is what you're providing the DAQmx write

santo_13_0-1633968891977.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 19 of 21
(1,390 Views)

oh thank you - whoops that custom scale was supposed to be on  the analog in, not the out. I mistakenly applied it to the analog write.

Thanks for pointing that dumb error out! I'll try again with the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,382 Views)