LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Version (13.0b0) is too old to convert to current LabVIEW version (13.0f2)

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to generate an executable in LV 2013 FDS using the Build Specifications>>Installer script I have used in the past.

LabVIEW version is 13.0f2 32 bits (windows XP)

This works fine until the user tries to run the installed app on his Windows 7 64 bits machine.

This results in the following error message:

image001.png

I have tried to mass compile the directory in which the top level VI is located in the source distribution, to no avail.

I have even installed the whole thing on my development machine and the same message pop-ups there when I launch the executable.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,338 Views)

I think 13.0b0 refers to VIs created by the beta test version of LV. If there is something in that VI that was in the beta but did not make it into the released version, that might account for the error. Also, the beta version cannot open files saved in the released version.  Is it possible that a beta version of the development system is one one of the machines?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,332 Views)

Yes, I was one of these unfortunate souls, but I uninstalled it and installed the new version a while back.

How is this supposed to affect me? The app works just fine as a development VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,323 Views)

I have not seen that error. Just wanted to mention the possible beta connection in case you had not noticed. I really am not sure how it could cause the problem. Maybe someone frm NI with knowledge of the internals of the beta process will chime in.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,319 Views)

This may be caused by some reference to the 13.0b0 version of LabVIEW.  Is your application utilizing mulple VIs?  If your program is only a few VIs, we can try creating new versions of these VIs by copying their contents to a new blank VI.  Save these new VIs, then insert them into a new blank project.  Following this try to create the executable again.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,189 Views)

Lots of VIs. BTW, I am using the PDS version.

I don't understand what you mean by "Some reference to the 13.0b0 version of LabVIEW". When I enrolled in the beta program, I duplicated my development directory and continued developing this version of my work. When upgrading to the regular version (after uninstalling the beta, as instructed), I reused that same directory to continue my development. I have saved most VIs several times in the meantime (i.e. in the new version). As I said, I also mass compiled the main folder where most of the VIs are saved. I am ready to mass compile my all development directory if that may help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,178 Views)

Maybe only creating a new version of the 'ALEX Analysis v4.vi', because if this VI became corrupt, placing in new VI can remove corruption as opposed to a mass compile or saving it.  Do you receive the same error for other VIs in your project? Does this VI have any functions/calls that are unique compared to the others?

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author X.

I found the reason of my troubles after some exhanges with NI support: me!

In a nutshell, I forgot that when choosing "installer" as build specification, and then "building" the installer, one needs to point to a source file which is the desired executable.

But first, one has to create a build specification that builds that executable AND build that executable (at least that the way I go about it). I just forgot to perform that step (I don't generate installers that often) and the installer was just reusing an old exectable that I had created during the beta.

Message 8 of 8
(4,026 Views)