LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Responsive within 100 ms

I am practicing for the CLD and want to make sure that my program is responsive within 100 ms of UI interaction.  How can I ensure that my VI meets this criteria? How can I verify this?

I plan on using a simple state machine architecture.  I have practice the sample exams and some of them respond faster than others and I am not sure why.  They all have the same architecture.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,587 Views)

100ms is a very, very long time! If you are using a polling loop, you need to ensure that the loop rate can be maintained faster than that. If you are using an event structure, it needs to ready to fire at all times, so don't place lengthy code (e.g. while loops) inside event frames and don't bury the event structure deep inside other structures. A typical CLD example does not require complicated calculations and architecture. Not sure what you mean by "some respond faster than others" Some simulations are not instantaneous, for example a vending machine simulation might simulate a dispensing step that takes a few seconds. Even then the responsiveness can be maintained by a dedicated UI loop.

Do you have any specific examples you worry about?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,548 Views)