LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Package Manger will not launch

I cannot get VI Package Manager to open on my machine since installing LabVIEW 2020.

I have searched the knowledge base, forums, and google for an answer, and found no direct result.

Whenever I launch VIPM, all I get is the icon on the taskbar and the task in task manager, but it never opens a splash screen or anything.

I also get a small error splash that appears behind labview's main launch screen, which I assume is related.

I just expanded the memory on my laptop, hoping that would alleviate the issue, but there was no change.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, I searched for topics about VIPM and them in this directory.

My machine is running windows 10.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,257 Views)

Have you tried running VIPM as admin? I've also had issues at times with getting it to load, and that was a solution at least once so I decided a while back to run it as admin every time.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 2 of 8
(2,220 Views)

There is no change when running as Admin.

I have tried un-installing & re-installing the entire environment twice with no effect as well.

My IT department has given up at this point trying to figure it out, so I am hoping someone on the interwebs has seen this before.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,216 Views)

Hardcore longshot, but what antivirus software do you have? My entire company is going through this huge kerfuffle because we use an AV software called Cybereason and recently it got an update to where it blocks all .NET calls from all compiled LabVIEW executables. Had to set up an exclusion list of PCs because there's no other solution at the moment. VIPM was one of the programs that would not work with Cybereason fully enabled.

Redhawk

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,214 Views)

At the moment we run Sophos. I'll see if I can get it whitelisted and if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,210 Views)

Why on earth is the error showing your path to the exe as starting with C:\:\ ?

I've never seen anything like that... Is it supposed to be that way?

Then there's the random zzzzzzzzzz subfolder. What's going on there?

Redhawk

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,207 Views)

Thus part of the confusion, I can't locate that directory anywhere, and I haven't figure out why VIPM is trying to look there.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,199 Views)

@jfuchsdmp wrote:

Thus part of the confusion, I can't locate that directory anywhere, and I haven't figure out why VIPM is trying to look there.

That's a malformed Windows path.  It's no wonder you can't do anything with it.  I doubt you'll even be able to uninstall it.  Truthfully, it appears that someone botched the install - badly.  At this point, there are no suggestions that I am willing to make.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,190 Views)