LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Package Manager encounters error when building package: "Property Node (Arg 2) in Library.GetMemberVIs"

Solved!
Go to solution

Unfortunately I've reached the point where I have to work with VIPM again to package a library I've finished developing. I'm developing my project in 64-bit LabVIEW 2017 and I have the latest version of VIPM installed (2017.0.0f1).

Towards the end of the build, VIPM displays the error dialog below (as helpful and clear as ever):

VI Package Manager_2018-01-10_11-07-04.png

I use "Stall Data Flow.vim" in a couple of places and initially I thought it might be related to this, since JKI claimed to support malleable VIs when they were released (except it didn't work) and then they "fixed it" (except they didn't - see msg 7). However, taking out these malleable VIs didn't fix this issue. For what it's worth, if that first link 404's it's because JKI's whole website is down at the time of writing.

I tried Googling the issue but the closest match I found was here (I had to use a cached page due to JKI's website being down), which didn't help much.

My library is pretty small and is structured like this:

LabVIEW_2018-01-10_12-08-21.png

I've tried right-clicking each library and checking there were no missing items incorrectly claimed by any of them. I also tried clearing my object cache and mass compiling everything in the project directory. I didn't encounter any warnings/errors in either case, and it didn't affect the VIPM build problem.

My next step is to try picking things apart piece by piece and bisecting my git history to see if I can isolate what change might have caused this. However, if anyone has any ideas about what could cause this error I'd appreciate it if you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,588 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidFCannock

I think I've managed to sort this out. Came down to another one of those typical LabVIEW issues where binary files got corrupted somehow, even though LabVIEW didn't display any warnings/errors and everything behaved as it should. I moved everything out from under my top-level library ("VW Diagnostic Toolkit.lvlib"), deleted that library, recreated it exactly as it was before and moved everything back to where it originally was. Now the VIPM build runs fine.

The project looks exactly the same as when I started, but git's there to help me out. Inspecting the changes to an arbitrary VI in kdiff, I see I had "a¼U> ×}"R·>="·3§ø˜LòéhèƒI¹ÖH`ü" when I should have had "–ƒð¯óøç¬àóeèZø ÿw"¥Û2c ªýR2". Absolutely kicking myself!

Message 2 of 3
(3,563 Views)

Hi.

I got the same error when building my package that contained a Library, but recreating the library didn't help. I found the problem that caused the error in my case.

I had another library in source directory that lacked sub-libraries and couldn't be opened without removing them. That library was older version that I renamed in order to keep it in the same place. Older version of library automatically was included in package, which I didn't notice. After excluding old library from package error was gone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,679 Views)