From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Name conflicts with "Open VI reference"

I am using LabView RT, where an application loads LLBs at runtime:

openvi.png

1- The user creates/compiles a LLB containg a VI that is loaded at runtime later

2- The user renames the contained VI to an enumerated name so that all names are always unique

3- The user uploads the LLB (containg the VIs with a unique name) to a LabView RT system

4- The LabView RT application openes all available VIs contained by the uploaded LLBs at runtime (the filename hints at the VI's unique name)

5- The LabView RT application executes the now opened VIs

My problem is step 2 where the user needs to rename the VI. This is because the RT application will not be able to distinguish between the opened VIs if their names are equal. I want to eliminate step 2 because it's error prone as the user always forgets to do the renaming or the user does the renaming in a wrong way (e. g. non-unique, typo).

A dirty hack would be to automatically replace all VI name strings (which are alidentical and like a placeholder) inside the LLB binary with unique ones at RT application's runtime. So the application takes over the renaming task.

Any other solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,241 Views)