LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Icons

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm curious if anyone has ran into this and have a fix, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Take a look a the attached pic. When I create an actor and change the class icon banner by shrinking it, the Actor Framework banner is shown at the bottom. This pic is the object indicator, but it shows up on the VI icon as well. If I quick drop and Ctl K to use the name of the VI as the icon, the banner is fixed. But if I apply the icon to all VIs in the class properties, the AF banner is back. Any ideas?

VI Icon.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,110 Views)

When you apply a library's icon to member VIs, that icon overwrites the "NI_Library" layer of the VI icons.  If a VI icon doesn't have an "NI_Library" layer, one is created.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,074 Views)

I get that, but why does it create an icon with a banner that is the class defined banner, superimposed on top of the actor framework banner?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,070 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author macri

LabVIEW will always overlay child icons over parent icons. In your case, the Actor Framework parent class icon has a taller banner than the child icon, so you'll see a few pixels of the Actor class icon beneath your child class icon.

This is innate behavior in LabVIEW that you cannot change. My advice to people who run into this situation (almost always it's with Actor Framework) is to make your child banners a few pixels taller so they're the same size as the Actor class banner.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,061 Views)