LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Farenheit and Celsius set up HELP

1. esign a VI to convert temperature from Degree Fahrenheit (F) to Degree Celsius (C). The VI accepts Fahrenheit from the user and displays the corresponding Celsius. Use the following equation:

F = (9/5)*C + 32
  2. Design a VI that computes f = 5x2 + 9y – z, where x, y, and z are real numbers. Provide two solution methods. For the first solution use only arithmetic functions (such as Square, Add, Multiply, and Subtract). For the second solution use the Formula Express VI. Which solution is easier to program? Which solution provides a quicker way to change formula? Which solution executes faster?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,798 Views)

Seems like simple homework problems.

I'm sure you learned enough in class to be able to  finish it yourself.

Good luck and earn that "A"!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,782 Views)

@sguy12 wrote:

Which solution is easier to program? Which solution provides a quicker way to change formula?

Hmm... guess it depends if I can guess right with the formula node or need to open the detailed help to get the right syntax...

I'd be tempted to disagree with what I expect is the desired answer based on the nice quick-drop plugins...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,737 Views)

@sguy12 wrote:  For the second solution use the Formula Express VI.

I would rather use the Formula Node.  I often find it easier to read and edit when dealing with some complex math.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,696 Views)

I don't use the formula node because I really suck at typing.  A mouse-driven programming language was a gift from [insert the mailing address of your favorite deity/deities here].

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,682 Views)

@billko wrote:

I don't use the formula node because I really suck at typing.  A mouse-driven programming language was a gift from [insert the mailing address of your favorite deity/deities here].

I typically don't use the Formula Node because I don't normally have to deal with weird/complex math.  But occasionally (once every few years), I do and it is nice to have the Formula Node around for those situations.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 14
(3,679 Views)

At my previous company, I had to  re-invent the wheel because they only had LV basic 😞
Implementing a linear regression line fit in native LabVIEW functions started to get ugly...

Frozen_0-1580828580676.png

Formula node could of made it a bit nicer... but that is cheating. LOL

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 7 of 14
(3,659 Views)

@Frozen wrote:

At my previous company, I had to  re-invent the wheel because they only had LV basic 😞
Implementing a linear regression line fit in native LabVIEW functions started to get ugly...

Formula node could of made it a bit nicer... but that is cheating. LOL

You could have made it a lot cleaner by implementing a Square function and used the compound node for the three factor multiplication (or made a sub-vi of it, or just change the order of the wires since multiplication is commutative.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,644 Views)

The simplest solution is to use physical quantities.  You won't need to use any functions at all.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,613 Views)

I always love how someone who creates a post trying to trick people into doing their homework for them, never responds back, but there is a long thread among the regular forum users anyway.

Message 10 of 14
(3,585 Views)