LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer - Modify saved config with LabVIEW 8.6.1 problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using VI Analyzer with great success, but have recently switched to LabVIEW 8.6.1.  I'm trying to load, modify a then save a previously configured file, and when I save and run an 'old' CFG file, the tests performed are completely different.

Specifically, I'm trying to change the 'Maximum Reported Failures' for 'Block Diagram -> Style -> Wires Under Objects' from the default setting of 5 to 10.  After I change the value to 10 and save the config, the selected tests stored in the CFG file change and I can't run the same selected tests run before changing the numeric value.

I've attached my 8.6 and 8.6.1 CFG files

I wonder if this has something to do with this serious bug.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,808 Views)

Hi Phillip,

I was unable to reproduce the problem you described with the attached .cfg files.  Can you include more specific steps to reproduce, along with what version(s) of LabVIEW you're using for each step?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,781 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PhillipBrooks

I think I figured out my problem.  We recently added the LabVIEW Instrument Driver VI Analyzer Plug-In to our LabVIEW installation. I created the cfg files before we added this.  I've been using the VI Analyzer API to load and run tests on a selected VI. 

When I load my old CFG file via "Tools -> VI Analyzer -> Analyze VIs..." on a computer to which I have added the Driver Plug-in, the default behavior seems to be to add the newly found tests as selected (checkbox = True). I was changing one value ('Block Diagram -> Style -> Wires and Objects -> Maximum Reported Failures' and then saving the CFG file, then running the CFG file via the API

I saw 22 more tests being run that I didn't select, and thought that my change of the numeric value may have had something to do with the bug I referenced earlier. I know what the problem is now.  I just need to deselect the Instrument Driver Tests when I save the CFG from the UI. 

I would suggest that when loading an existing CFG with the VI Analyzer, the default behavior for newly found tests should be not included (checkbox = False), or that a dialog should inform the user that new or previously configured tests (presumably plugins) have been found or are detected as missing.

Message Edited by Phillip Brooks on 03-13-2009 09:28 AM

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)

We made a decision during initial development (wow, that was about 7 years ago) to select (i.e. include for analysis) any new tests that were detected on disk, but not included in the CFG file.  We figured that, in general, as more tests were added to the VI Analyzer, the typical user would want the new tests to be automatically included in an analysis configuration obtained from an older CFG file.  If you're loading a CFG file in the analyzer UI, you should see the following dialog (I saw it when loading your CFG files):

"Some VIs and/or tests have been added to or removed from your file system since you last saved this configuration file."

We do not pop up any dialogs when you're using the API.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,738 Views)