From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY Long Selector Label - how to view entire list?

Solved!
Go to solution

I "inherited" some code that includes an Event Structure with one of the Selector Labels having at least 20 entries, each having 15 - 20 characters.  The Selector Label displayed is truncated, no matter how wide I make the Event Structure.  It is also truncated (in a different place, oddly enough) in the drop down display of Cases.  

How can I see the entire list of events?  This is very hard to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wildcatherder

Right click> edit events handled by this case TAKE a SNAPSHOT.  edit the snapshot in paint to show just the event sources and events and place the list in a picture constant on the BD.

Painful but then you can "duplicate this case" and put half of the events in each case.  There is really not a "Great" way to get around poor data structure. 

I'm shooting in the dark but guessing event: val change: in a bunch of user "parameter" controls?  if so use a cluster to logically group the parameters and use the cluster val change event.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)

That's what I was looking for.  Of course, you are right that a cluster makes more sense.  This code came out of a major medical supply house and I have to get it running before I can modify it.  Thanks for the rapid response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,537 Views)

You can also kudo this idea.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,503 Views)

Glad to know the capability to view the entire list is now part of LabVIEW 2011, which I am now running.  It will make my life easier.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)